I’ll be honest, I’m an adventurer of food. When I give my Mom a new recipe she will say “Is this good? Because you like weird food.” But seriously, all I can say is …Wow… there are words for how much I love these. Its been a long time since I’ve had a brownie so maybe my taste buds needed this. Even my non vegan boyfriend, Nate, loved them too.
What I love about these brownies was how many amazing, nutrient dense ingredients I could hide in them. So, sure, they have about the same calorie count as a regular brownie, but what your eating is packed with nutrients and alive. Your body will thank you, I promise. Grab a glass of cold hemp milk for the perfect balance.
Amazing Grass- Supports alkalinity, boosts energy and immune system
Maca- 12 amino acids, 7 essential amino acids, boosts immune system, increases libido
Avocado- heart healthy fats, fiber, potassium, vitamins C, K, folate and B6
Cacao- More antioxidant flavanoids than any other food, promotes cardio vascular healthy, helps to repair and resist damage caused by free redicals, raises serotonin and acts as an antidepressant and many, many more!
1 c. cashews
1c. dates (soaked 10 minutes)
1/3 c. raw cacao powder
2 scoops Amazing Grass chocolate powder
1/4 c. water
2 tsp. maca powder
5 T. agave
1 1/2 T. cinnamon
1/4 c. cacao
1. Soak dates for 10 minutes, then drain. Line a 9x9 pan with non stick foil.
2. Place all brownie ingredients in food processor and pulse to combine. It will be a sticky mixture.
3. Press evenly into the bottom of the 9x9 pan.
4. In the same food processor (you can reuse) add all the frosting ingredients. Pulse until smooth.
5. With an offset spatula, spread frosting overtop of the brownies. Sprinkle with flax and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. Cut into 16 pieces, these brownies are rich!
So is your life changed? What did you think?